Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD Photos with Nikon D3100

I took this as my second lens, Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD. It's a very quite fast focusing lens.
The photo taken with this lens is quite sharp, but I can barely shot well while I zoom into 300mm focal length with handheld. In addition, it's quite heavy, and I don't know if the weight is intentionally made to stabilize in handheld focusing, but its weight is still not a very big problem since the picture quality it produces is a big cover up for this a bit burdensome weight.

However, the overall satisfaction toward this lens is very good, I like this lens very much.

Below are some of my testing photos with some come with bokeh effect in my Nikon D3100:
(more photos are going to be uploaded)
f/4.8 1/8s ISO800 145mm
f/4.5 1/10s ISO800 70mm
f/9 1/4s ISO800 300mm
f/5.6 1/8s ISO800 300mm
f/5.6 1/8s ISO800 300mm
f4.5 1/10s ISO800 140mm
  f/5.6 1/10s ISO800 300mm
f/5.6 1/10s ISO800 240mm
Honestly, I'm a bit regret of buying this lens as my second lens. This brand new lens cost me RM1700, it's one month salary of local fresh graduates and yet I am not graduated yet. Chance of using this lens for current time period is not high, since I am still having my degree in school.
So, I am suggesting undergraduate better think twice before investing in this lens, for, especially a newbie like me, better choose prime lens as your second lens before you go any further.

The advantage of choosing a prime lens before going any further for telephoto lens:
1) First, you learn when you use a prime lens, the distance between object and camera is manually controlled by your feet instead of the lens and the light exposure, aperture and focusing in low light.
2) It's more practical for you to stick to only one lens, changing the lens frequently when the surrounding condition is ashy is not recommended.
3) Finally, it's cheap. Nikon lens, as price listed here in Malaysia, it cost around RM700 for a 35mm f1.8G and even a little bit cheaper for a 50mm f1.8G. For those D type prime lens is cost even higher, so it's out of my "budget" amount for normal undergraduate financial ability.

Or, you can directly go for zoom lens with AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G IF DX VR (around RM1000) or Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II(RM1100) or even higher end lens, which is more expensive. So then, your standard lens would then go unused status. (Maybe this is not a problem for certain people, it's depends.)
And keep in mind, that the effect work just the same as standard lens, only it can zoom farther. For better low light photographing quality, choose prime lens before going for any telephoto, unless you are rich.

Thank you very much for reading, leave me some comment, if any.

*All the words above was written especially for D3100, DLSR newbie.

My DSLR Photography Experience: 11Months (with my experiences clarified, so you can judge all my comments above about the Tamron 70-300mm Di VC lens)

没有评论:

MBTI 人格测试

最近通过启点文化认识了MBTI人格测试的工具。 原以为人类就是那么的无法预测,了解过MBTI之后才发现人类的性格老早被荣格在100年前的人格类型论给说明了。(MBTI并非荣格研发的,但是两者的概念有所相似) MBTI把人类分解为16种不同的人格类型。主要分为以下四个“倾向”: E...