Passport Renewal in UTC Sentul Immigration Office

As recommended by friends, we chose to renew our (vv and I) passport in Sentul, Immigration Office (in short, UTC), which is 30 minutes distance away from where currently reside.

It's my first passport renewal in UTC since last renewal in JB before my degree graduation, and we decided to go for 5 years extension for less concern of the short interval renewal period (less than 2 years).

It's Saturday, and we have no choice but to join the crowd in the long queue, because the next week would be our next trip flying to HK. 
Next, their efficiency surprised me, it took lot shorter time than what I imagine earlier to reach my turn to get my queuing number, first good impression about their efficiency to get thing done quick.
First thumbs up!

At 9.55AM, we got number 1241 and queue number was just 1080.
After an hour of waiting, vv found out that it's just running at the speed less than 40 tickets/hour,
and so vv suggested to leave the office as it'll still take few more hours to reach our turn handing in our passport for next process.

And so, vv and I left the office with confident that we can still get it done by today.
We had our brunch and then went to Book Fair in The Mines, and lastly, we back to UTC at around 3pm.
As predicted, it left around 40 tickets before ours.


Why UTC, as it so far away from where we live?
Because their operating hour on weekend start from 8am till 10pm, and you can get your passport on the spot on the same day you apply or renew. (And I believe it take even shorter to well process any renewal on weekdays, as it's less crowded on working day.)

Short note for renewal:
- bring along your expiring/last passport
- prepare your passport photo sized at 35mm X 50mm  (updated on 2015-02-23)
(and I'm proud to tell, I took mine by my own with DSLR and a desk lamp assists)
- NO Identity Card Copy is required for renewal (this is only required for new passport application)
- NO form fill-in is required

Lastly, in order to avoid congestion, I think being early would be the only way to do avoid overcrowding, but I think this is only applies for weekend, since we'd been told by a uncle of how easy/fast to get your new passport in hand on yesterday (Friday) right before we left the office with my passport well kept in my bag. Exciting!

Enjoy Travelling!

Updates on 2015-02-23:
As I have been informed, for any new application or renew of passport nowadays, don't require any pre-printed photo. Photo shooting service is provided by the officer for free of charge.
And passport renewal fee has dropped from RM300 to RM200 for 5 years validity period.

没有评论:

MBTI 人格测试

最近通过启点文化认识了MBTI人格测试的工具。 原以为人类就是那么的无法预测,了解过MBTI之后才发现人类的性格老早被荣格在100年前的人格类型论给说明了。(MBTI并非荣格研发的,但是两者的概念有所相似) MBTI把人类分解为16种不同的人格类型。主要分为以下四个“倾向”: E...